COVID-19 Information, Guidelines and Protocols
A Covid-19 Waiver and Code of Conduct must be signed prior to use of the facility. You can sign it online, in advance, to expedite your return. Please make sure to share the Covid-19 Code of Conduct with anyone on your membership. Only one member of a household is required to sign the waiver for the family unit.
- Masks are required at all times in the Y facility except when swimming, showering or using the hot tub.
- Y staff will be wearing masks, cleaning and sanitizing high-use areas and enforcing 6-foot physical distancing requirements throughout the facility.
Call the Welcome Center for more information: 541-686-9622.
Specific COVID-19 guidelines for Y programs are listed below:
Aqua Exercise Guidelines
We are excited to bring Aqua Exercise classes back to our Pool schedule, including Deep Water Exercise and Aqua Zumba!
Classes are 40-minutes from 9:05-9:45 a.m. Monday-Friday Schedule includes:
- Monday: Deep Water Exercise with Chloe
- Tuesday: Deep Water Exercise with John
- Wednesday: Deep Water Exercise with Chloe
- Thursday: Deep Water Exercise with John
- Friday: Aqua Zumba with Kali
Aqua Exercise Reservation Times will open 72 hours in advance. Reservations will open at 6 a.m.
- Please make only (2) Aqua Exercise Class reservations per week.
- Class capacity is 9 students per class to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Aqua Exercisers must be 15 years of older.
- All Aqua Exercise users will be asked to Enter the Pool Area through the door by the Family Changing Rooms (NO Pool Access from the Locker Room).
- Hooks will be available on the pool deck for Aqua Exercisers to hang their towel and belongings (Please Note: There is no towel service available at this time).
- Before getting in the pool, Aqua Exercisers will be asked to take a SHOWER using the Pool Deck Shower.
- Aqua Exercise Equipment will be available for use and cleaned regularly. Members are encouraged to bring their own equipment if they have it.
- Aqua Exercisers will be positioned in the pool in a way to maintain social distancing guidelines.
Basketball Hoop Reservations are available when our facility is open.
3 hoops in the South half of the gym are available at different times each day in coordination with other YMCA programs using the gym.
NO pick-up basketball games are allowed.
No open gym.
Hoop Reservations are for Families (family bubble) to shoot baskets.
Family group up to 4 at each basket.
Reservations are available to those 12 years or older.
Younger than 12 must have supervising adult.
Times are limited to 1 hour and families must bring own basketballs.
Limited to 3 reservations per week.
Reservations start 3 days prior at 6 pm.
Lap Pool & Hot Tub
Lap Pool & Hot Tub Guidelines
- Lap Pool: Four individuals (lap swimmers or individual water exercisers) are allowed in the pool at a time for 45 minutes in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Hot Tub: One individual is allowed in the Hot Tub for 15 minutes in order to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Lap Pool & Hot Tub Reservation Times will open 72 hours in advance. Reservations will open at 6 a.m.
- Those using the Lap Pool and/or Hot Tub must be 15 years or older.
- Please make only (1) Lap Pool reservation per day.
- Please make only (1) Hot Tub reservation per day.
- All Lap Pool and Hot Tub users will be asked to enter the Pool Area through the door by the Family Changing Rooms (NO Pool Access from the Locker Room).
- Before getting in the water, all Lap Pool and Hot Tub Users will be asked to take a SHOWERusing the Pool Deck Shower. (The use of soap is not permitted in the Pool Deck Shower.)
- Swimmers and Individual Water Exercisers are asked to stay in the middle of their assigned lanes in order to maintain proper social distancing protocols.
- Pool Equipment will be available for use and cleaned regularly. Members are encouraged to bring their own equipment (i.e. kickboard or aqua jogging belt) if they own it.
- Reminder: There is no towel service, so please bring your own towel.
- Chairs will be available on the pool deck for your belongings while you swim or soak in the Hot Tub.
- Locker Room Showers are open. Available showers will be physically distant and shower areas will be cleaned frequently in accordance with OHA guidelines.
- The Small pool is not available at this time.
- Men's and Women's Locker Rooms are open for use.
- Showers are open. Available showers will be physically distant and shower areas will be cleaned frequently in accordance with OHA guidelines.
- Wear your mask while you are in the locker room unless you are showering.
- A limited number of DAY USE lockers will be available (11 in women's room and 14 in men's locker room). Except for members' rented lockers, all others will be inaccessible.
- Please wipe down DAY USE lockers before and after use. Bring your own lock.
- Members must follow 6-foot physical distance rules while changing and using the locker rooms.
- Y staff will regularly check locker rooms to ensure occupancy does not exceed 11 people in women's locker room and 14 in men's locker room.
- Steam and sauna rooms remain closed in accordance with OHA Guidelines.
- Singles and double play now available.
- Because the safety of our members and staff is our greatest concern, the following procedures and protocols must be followed at all times when using the facility.
- All users must have signed an online Waiver and Code of Conduct.
- Wait in your car or outside until your designated court time. Court times are staggered, each court begins at a different time. There is a 15-minute gap between the end of one reservation and the beginning of the next reservation on the same court.
- There will be a health screening station with a touchless temperature check just outside of the Tennis Center.
- Enter the Tennis Center through the lobby. Only one person at a time is allowed in the lobby, where you can scan your card.
- The east-side walkway to access the courts is now ONE-WAY. Please do not return to the lobby.
- Proceed directly to your court while maintaining at least 6 feet of distance.
- A face covering is required while getting to and from your court. Masks protect us all, so please help us and comply.
- Please bring your own water; the drinking fountain is closed.
While on the court:
- Please maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Use a new can of tennis balls / bring your own pickleballs.
- Return balls from adjacent courts with your racket or paddle, and without touching them.
- No viewers: A maximum of 2 players on a court.
- No chairs will be on the court.
- The east-side walkway to access the courts is ONE-WAY from the lobby.
- Exit the Tennis Center through the door on Court 4 to 22nd Street.
- Leave the facility promptly at the end of your designated time: all court reservations are 75 minutes.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance as you exit.
- Health recommendations suggest as much air flow as possible; the fans will be on and the large door on court 4 will be open during our operating hours.
For more information about how to play tennis safely during this pandemic, see the USTA Playing Tennis Safely tips and recommendations.
In addition to all Tennis Center rules, pickleball players should:
- Bring your own paddles and balls. No loaners are available.
- Use the disinfecting station available on the court.
- For more information about how to play pickleball safely during this pandemic, see the USAPA safe Pickleball play.
Wellness Center & Facility
- Wipe down equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Plan your workouts around the new gym etiquette: Once you start on a piece of equipment, you will need to complete all your repetitions and sets and then sanitize it. Working-in and supersets will not be allowed.
- Spotting is not allowed as it cannot be safely done while maintaining physical distancing.
- Group Fitness classes require prior reservations to secure a spot.
- We have spaced equipment out in the Health & Wellness Center and in the basketball gym. Some pieces were removed entirely to provide adequate physical distancing, or because they are not able to be easily sanitized. These include: both rowing machines, one of the hand bikes, the prone T-bar row, the preacher curl station, all foam rollers, sand rolls and weight belts.
- Abide by occupancy limits. In order to provide adequate physical distance, your Y is limiting the number of people in each area.
- Bring your own sweat towel. There will be no towel service.
- Limit your belongings (i.e. your keys and phone). There will be no day-use lockers.
- Allergy-sufferers: please note that windows and doors will be open.
- Bring your own filled water bottle. Water fountains will not be in use other than the bottle-fill fountain.
COVID-19 information requently changes for Youth Development programs. Please check back regularly for the most up-to-date information.
Upon entry to the facility:
- You must wash hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the facility (at a provided hand washing/sanitation station.)
- Your temperature will be checked
- You will be asked health questions regarding Covid-19 exposure and symptoms at every visit before entering the facility
- Credit/debit preferred over cash
- No towel/coffee service
- No day use locks available for use, please bring your own
- Limited day use lockers available in locker rooms only
- Day Pass users are now accepted
- Nationwide members will be asked to join our Y
- Limited tours are available and new members are welcome
Request for Reasonable Accommodation / Modification
Please make your request for reasonable accommodation or modification using the ADA Accommodation Request Form, or by contacting Brian Steffen, CEO or Crispin Shelley, VP of Human Resources. An interactive process will include conversations with the requesting member, the directors of impacted programs, and the CEO and VP of HR to create appropriate accommodations/modifications in compliance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA.) An action plan and modification will be developed, approved, and communicated to the requesting member within 14 days of receiving the request.